Finally, I upgraded my blog to WordPress 2.0. At this moment, I'm still in the dilemma whether I want to use back the same theme, adopt a new one, or probably create a new one myself. I suppose that would take a few day for me to decide.
Just forget about that first. Let me share my upgrading experience, a somewhat simple guide on upgrading to WordPress 2.0.
- Created a temporary folder at my server.
- Upload the newly downloaded WordPress 2 zip file to the folder.
- Unzip it.
- Copy the following files from old blog to the temporary folder
- wp-config.php and htaccess located at root
- theme files located at wp-content/themes
Please note that I took the risk for didn't backup my database during the upgrading process though it is highly recommended for you to do so.
The next thing that I would do, is to search for upgrades for all my plugins. Will keep you updated if I found any flaw for this upgrade. Also, I would be grateful if you can post comment on this post in case you find any problem while you browse around this blog.
If my article helped you solved your problem, consider buy me a beer!