As everybody knows, Adsense performs badly in forums. Until recently, Google noticed about it and made a post on how to optimize Adsense to do better in forums. They've made some research and provided a heat map as a guide for forum webmasters.
The followings are some highlights of the tips stated:
- Format is important for multiple ad units
- Display your ad units where repeat users will notice them
- Place a leaderboard immediately after the last post
- Use horizontal link units
- Opt-in to image ads
- Be sensitive to your forum community
Besides optimization tips for forum, I do notice some other optimization tips by Google. Do take a look if you have not:
If my article helped you solved your problem, consider buy me a beer!