Iâ€™m honoured to be invited by szehau to be one of the testers for Blogtal.com. After a short testing period, it finally launched on 2005.11.25 (Friday). You can now get your blog exposed to more bloggers by sending trackbacks to Blogtal.com.
The concept of the site is actually quite simple. If you are just looking for blog to read, you can just visit Blogtal to read the latest blog entries from Blogtal members. If you think your blog deserves more readers, then you should join the Blogtal community. Whenever you make a post, just add the trackback link (given by Blogtal) to your trackback list. Your blog entry will immediately appear on Blogtal main page.
As an alternative, if you find adding the link each time you make a post is troublesome, you can use auto trackback plugin for WordPress by Edrei to help you fill in the trackback link. In addition, by using the plugin, you can send trackbacks according to your categories. Hereâ€™s how to do it:
- Create multiple blog profiles in Blogtal for each of your categories (max. 5).
- Associated each of the profile with a different category
- For each of the profile, you will be given a different trackback link.
- Configure the trackback link for each of you categories (using the auto trackback plugin).
- Make your posting and see result at the main page of Blogtal.
I guess thatâ€™s all information you will ever need to join Blogtal.
If you have any issue regarding Blogtal, feel free to make a comment here or szehauâ€™s post on Blogtal. Have fun!
If my article helped you solved your problem, consider buy me a beer!